JJ is a TV and media personality, whose previous features as nutritionist for weight loss challenges on Dr. Phil, and appearances on Dr. Oz, the TODAY Show and many others.
She also speaks regularly and has shared the stage with notables including TD Jakes, Tony Robbins, and Brendon Burchard.
JJ is the author of four NY Times bestsellers, The Virgin Diet, The Virgin Diet Cookbook, JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook. Her most recent title is Warrior Mom: 7 Secrets to Bold, Brave Resilience.
JJ hosts the popular JJ Virgin Lifestyle Show podcast, with over 4.5 million downloads and counting. She also regularly writes for Rodale Wellness, Mind Body Green, and other major blogs and magazines.
1. Entrepreneurs are born, they have a “crazy” side that others don’t have. (4:16-5:38)
2. The universe will always test you to see how serious you are about doing what you wanna do. All successful people had gone through lots of stuff and what they all have in common is that they NEVER GAVE UP! (5:38-7:00)
3. Your purpose evolves once you see whats possible in the world (7:00-10:50)
4. When you face adversity and big challenges you realize that you can handle anything in life and it also gives you perspective about the small stuff that used to get you upset.
We all will get through challenges, at the end it all comes down to how you show up!
5. Whenever you think a negative thought or belief, use something to interrupt it like robber bands.
Also, you have to learn to ask yourself better questions, surround yourself with positive people, manage your mindset and remember that there are no “victims” only volunteers. That anything is possible and there is no right or wrong.
6. The number one thing that will support where you want to go in life is your surroundings. Surround yourself with successful people and build a community around you.
7. The secret to a successful business is COMMUNITY. When you build a strong community of people and you genuinely care about them and you truly know them, you have power. This way you will always know what they want so you can consistently deliver good content for them.
People might come for strategy but they will stay for connection.
8. Know exactly who your client avatar is:
And always come from abundance because no matter how good you are, you will never be loved by everyone.
9. You have to pay attention when it’s time to forgive yourself and let go so you can have empathy.
10. If you procrastinate there is a reason for that. Maybe you shouldn’t do it at all or you haven’t created the project in a way that is doable.
11. When you look at how you should eat, take into account:
– Your genetics
– Your lifestyle
– Your taste preference
– Your current health
You have to become your own health detector so you know what foods works best for you. Intermediate fasting for example can be a great way of eating for your health.
11. The more carbs you eat the more insulin resistance you become which will make you more intolerance to carbs.
Get enough veggies, quality protein and fats sources and use less carbs, eat less and less often (like fasting).
12. JJ’s Legacy: ” I’m going to help 1 billion people to be healthy and make my kids proud of me”.
Don’t forget to grab a copy of JJ’s book “the virgin diet:
and also on her site:
And social media:
Please share my Podcast with your family and friends. Share, Like and Comment on our posts on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. I would love to hear from you and will answer personally so get in touch with me at:
Did you like the show? If you did, I would truly appreciate it
if you can take 60 seconds to subscribe and give me a 5 star review on iTunes.