Phil Daru is a certified functional strength coach and functional range conditioning movement specialist with over a decade of experience coaching athletes and general public. Daru has degrees in Sports Medicine and Exercise Science also a former D1 football player for Alabama State University. Along with being a former professional mixed martial artist Daru has worked with multiple world champions as a strength coach for fighters such as Joanna Jedrzejczyk, King Mo Lawal, Tecia Torres, Dustin Poirier, Amanda Nunes, all at the world famous American Top Team. Was awarded the “Best MMA S&C coach of the year award” for the 2012 Florida MMA Awards. Now a competitive strength athlete Daru has fully invested in progressing himself and others through a systematic approach to initiate a positive change in there health, and performance.
1. What got Phil to become a strength and conditioning coach (3:36-6:10)
2. How to build a workout Routine (6:10-10:55)
You have to start with assessment protocol of:
– How the individual move in certain movements?
– Does he need more Strength/Power/Speed?
– Doing a few tests like: dynamic strength index, 10-20 sprint test
– What does the athlete need most and foremost?
– Make sure you have a basic line of strength, stability and mobility. Only then you can add power and after that speed.
3. How do elite athlete train and can they get into “overtraining” (10:55-13:00)
4. Common thing Phil see among all elite athletes (13:00-15:15)
Their ability to handle stress and take on the world as it is and do what they need to do on a daily basis. There are no excuses, everybody works hard.
5. How to eat as an athlete (15:15-20:12)
– 0.8-1 gram of protein per pound of body weight
– 2-4 grams of carbs per pound of body weight (the leaner you are, the more carbs you need)
6. What define Phil as a coach (20:12-22:24)
7. How does Phil manage his stress (22:24-26:30)
Having a good solid team around him, and scheduling each day and finish the 3 most important tasks first each day before 12 at noon.
8. How to start building your brand on social media (26:30-30:33)
9. Top 5 books recommendation (30:33-33:00)
– The laws of human nature
– How to win friends and influence people
– Organizing tomorrow today
– Extreme ownership
– Can’t hurt me
10. Top 5 Apps recommendation (33:00-34:30)
– BT Lite for aerobic capacity
– Flex Strong
– Polar beat
– Google sheets & docs
11. How to grow a good-looking beard (34:30-36:50)
– Bulldog conditioner
– Hot com
– Beard balm
– Beard oil
12. Phil’s Legacy (36:50)
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaruDiet